Our History

       Dodge-Thomas Funeral Home has been serving the community since 1816.  It has the distinction of being not just one of the oldest continuing businesses in New York State, but the oldest Funeral Home in the state, tracing its history to 1816, during the administration of James Madison the nation's fourth President.

The Dodge-Thomas Funeral Home originated as a request from a local farmer from Brookville. When the wife of the farmer died, the farmer asked the wagon wheel maker to build a coffin for him and that introduced the wheelwright business in a new direction. The founder's son-in-law soon added furniture to the store's inventory and in 1873 the name "Dodge" becomes associated with the venture through marriage. In 1894 Herbert Dodge built the facility at its present address.  At first it was used as a stable then a warehouse and in 1920 it was converted to the funeral home with the main house adjacent to the funeral home.

Today the Dodge-Thomas Funeral Home has been owned and operated by Guy Minutoli who became a partner of Mr. George Thomas in 1981 and took over after his retirement. Presently Guy Minutoli works alongside his son Gregg Minutoli, daughter Jeanine Minutoli-Sand, and Marylin Johnson all licensed funeral directors. Together they have maintained much of the original philosophy that has lead to this exceptional longevity; offering personalized service to each and every family matched by no other firm.

Mr. Minutoli believes that his clientele has grown considerably by referrals from families pleased with their services, ensuring that the Dodge-Thomas Funeral Home after 194 years will remain one of the oldest continuing run businesses in New York State.
 











Dodge-Thomas Funeral Home - Glen Cove
26 Franklin Avenue
Glen Cove, NY 11542
(516) 676-1180